A blog for reviewing YA, children's, classics and whatever I feel like.
Also for discussing developments in the the book world, specifically in the St. Paul, Minnesota.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Future Library

I recently discovered a project known as the Future Library, and decided to share my thoughts.  The idea of the project is that every year an author is chosen by a committee.  This author produces a work that will be released to the public in 100 years.  You can read more about this project here.

My first reaction to this project was disappointment, since in all likelihood I will not live to see the works that the authors who participate in this project produce.  But after giving it a little thought, I decided that if someone told me a new Louisa May Alcott book was about to come out I would be thrilled.  So overall, I think this project is a neat idea.

No comments: